Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree Close To House?

Posted by NickL19 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 15:52

Hello all,

My house has a large boring wall (vinyl siding) with nothing covering it but two small windows. It's a two story home. I am considering getting a couple trees to make it more appealing, but I only have about 2-3' of space on that side of the house to plant in. Are there any trees recommended for such a small footprint that won't encroach on the structure of my house? I'd like to get 2-3 trees with some small plants underneath in between them.

Thanks!

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree Close To House?

Sorry, not a good space for a tree. And hard to even contemplate any shrubs that would provide height yet still fit in that footprint. Maybe an espalier? Or a trellis with a vine to break up that blank expanse :-))

o

perhaps a pic.. would get you more ideas ...

as noted all trees and shrubs are out of the question ... because of the height needed ... they cant/wont be 2.5 feet wide at the ground ...

vines and trellis' might work ...

ken

o

A trellis might be interesting, but it would have an impact on the vinyl siding - even with little blocks to keep it slightly away you do have to anchor it in a few places.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here