Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wx4sno

'Siren Red' Crapemyrtle

WX4SNO
10 years ago

Hello all,

I'm looking to get five or six crapemyrtles to go along my driveway and have narrowed the choices down to 'Siren Red,' 'Dynamite,' or 'Red Rocket.' My question is, does anyone have any experience with any of these varieties in the Zone 6 region? I'm right on the zone 6-7 line and people around the area have the 'Natchez' type (Lowes sells them), but I'm looking for a bright red variety. 'Siren Red' is my first choice because the flowers won't turn white during cloudy/rainy periods that we sometimes have here (such as this year). Does it really grow that slowly and not get that tall? Any ideas on what the growth rate is (feet/year)?

Also, I'm trying to locate some nurseries that sell or can order Crapemyrtles in the Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia areas. Does anyone have any experience with nurseries or growers in this part of the state? I appreciate any help as I'm having trouble finding someone that can get these.

If anyone knows of good online sources to order from, I'd appreciate that too! If I can't find someone in the area that can get these, I'll have to order via the web...