Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardeninns

3 trees in need of ID's please

gardeninns
10 years ago

I have three trees growing in my yard and I'm not sure what they are. Names would be great. I am in ns canada, zone 5. Thanks everyone.

{{gwi:399630}}

{{gwi:399633}}
{{gwi:399636}}

Comments (6)

• rogerzone6
    10 years ago

1 looks like a pear, 2 a ornamental cherry you might have to wait to next years flowering to be sure what kind, 3 I don't know.

• gardeninns
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Number one was supposed to be a lilac....that's what I thought. Planted.....number three I thought was a quince, but it does not flower like one, small white flowers and then those berries. Number two was the one I thought was a cherry

• salicaceae
    10 years ago

1. Looks like a lilac to me..Don't pears have alternate leaves? these look opposite (like lilac) to me.

• famartin
    10 years ago

At a glance number 1 did look like a pear to me, but it does have opposite leaves so lilac is probably what it is. Number 2 I agree is some sort of ornamental cherry... does it weep? Kinda looks like a weeping cherry. Number 3 appears to also be a prunus of some sort, but not sure what.

• Embothrium
    10 years ago

Syringa vulgaris

Prunus, maybe P. avium - did not think of it being a decorative one such as P. x yedoensis

Looks like a Pyrus but do not know one with such narrow leaves

• florauk
    10 years ago

Double posting. Same answers were given on Name That Plant where the OP gave the info that 1 was planted as a lilac but hadn't flowered. I can't see pic no 2 here but on the other post I don't see anything that looks like a pear. Just two cherries and a lilac.

Here is a link that might be useful: Other post