Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dogwood leaves are curling

Posted by scubasteve37 zone 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 21, 09 at 7:13

I have an ornamental pink flowering dogwood that was planted in the Spring. Its leaves are curling inward. They are still very green with no kind of discoloration or any marks of any kind. Any ideas??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dogwood leaves are curling

Has the tree been getting enough water? Here in Northern Virginia (also zone 7), I have had to water since we have had hardly any rain this summer and my dogwoods are always the first to show drought stress. The experts here may have better information for you! Cynthia

o
RE: Dogwood leaves are curling

It is a very common dogwood reaction to heat. The leaves will resume a more normal apearance once temperatures cool down as we approach fall. Nothing to worry about :-) And trees that are well established in the landscape tend to outgrow this reaction. Bigger, better established root system = less stress from heat or drought

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here