Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Malicious behaviour

Posted by neonrider (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 11 at 10:22

When I go to Gardenweb.com (anywhere) I keep on getting this message on the footer of my browser:

Connecting to graphics.gardenweb.com. Please note the "B" in gardenweb.com - the whois shows it is located in Vietnam. Also, MBAM (Malwarebytes Anti Malware) software blocks a malicious attempt to send something OUTGOING to a malicious website every time I go to this thread:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/palms/

"Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website 208.87.149.250. Type: outgoing"

Anyone getting this?

Please advise. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Malicious behaviour

P.S. I just tested again and realised that going anywhere on www.gardenweb.com creates this situation:

"Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website 208.87.149.250. Type: outgoing"

And the browsing to garden web is very slow now, sometimes have to click twice on the link to be able to proceed.

o

Technical problems should be reported here (or use the link below):
http://letters.gardenweb.com/letters/mailwebm.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to report problems

o

Neonrider, I suspect it is not the message board but one of gardenweb's advetisers.

Occasionally GW is a pain to use on my Android thanks to fancier advertisements. Oh well.

o

Well, I've noticed also that on some websites there are malicious advertisements and the owners of such websites should remove such ads if they respect their audience. I reported this case to GardenWeb. Please report it too, so they can see it coming from more than one person.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here