Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If you love pine and rhododendron, come in here

Posted by jujujojo 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 11:45

A wonderful 10 minutes video of pines, rhododendrons and mountains. Youtube video: Sanqingshan Park

I promise that you will enjoy it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If you love pine and rhododendron, come in here

Thank you, that was stunning. The most beautiful pines I have ever seen have been Chinese natives.

o

Thank you, that was stunning. The most beautiful pines I have ever seen have been Chinese natives.

o

Posted by MulchMama KC Metro (My Page) on Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 17:27

Hi, did you see that pine in the end, coming out of a rock horizontally :)

o

Wow, their Mtns look so different from ours, steeper, with no soil on top for several yards/feet. I can't believe those observation deck/bridges. I could never get out on them, I have vertigo when I get up high like that. When I was younger, no problem. Maybe (probably) Bonsai was started after seeing these pines growing out of rock. There ids a pine close to me that is growing out of a rocky crevice and has been about 6 ft high since I can remember, at least 30 years. I'll try to remember to take a pic of it.

o

Posted by poaky1 6 Pa (My Page) on Sat, Aug 31, 13 at 21:20

Your summary is accurate. People have to see the scene to understand the ink and water paintings, for example by the renowned artist Chang Dai-Chen (May 10, 1899 - April 2, 1983 link Wiki).

Below is a section of Chang Dai-Chen's painting. See if you can figure out what the things are in it:)
 photo 2_zpsc887ac1f.jpg

o

I see a Pine tree and other plants I can only guess would be Rhody's or other pines. Of course the mountains and what to me looks like a blurry dragon to the right. That's probably not what it really is though.

o

Posted by poaky1 6 Pa (My Page) on Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 0:26

It is supposed to be art so nothing for sure :) I don't see any dragon though. Those might be the lichens on rock.

I am not sure what these are. I am guessing that it cannot be a magnolia.

photo 1_zps00ee0794.jpg

It is near a camp area. There are a lot of flowers near and far in the image. The flowers are quite large.

photo 0_zpse583cf82.jpg

o

Some of the rhododendrons look ancient. They are beautiful and look so healthy. Guess they have everything they need - filtered sunlight, a misty atmosphere, and maybe the higher elevation. Wish I could grow some like that.

o

That is (Sino)calycanthus chinensis.

o

Posted by davidrt28 7 (My Page) on Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 10:34

Thank you for the answer. It is obvious that you are correct. I admire your knowledge :)

o

Posted by davidrt28 7 (My Page) on Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 10:34

Do you know any hybrids?

o

A wonderful 10 minutes video of pines, rhododendrons and mountains. Youtube video: Sanqingshan Park

BTW, the music comes from youtube free royalty library. I promise that you will enjoy it.

photo 4_zps0700dcb4.jpg

o

Oh, the Rhodie is named after Lushan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21OMD6tD1VU

BTW, the music in the videos has been changed.

I have always chosen free royalty music from google. After posting here, someone still turns me in as their perceived "violation of copy-right". Gladly, youtube cannot ban my video from any country because, after all, I used one from their free music list. Let 'em cry out loud.

This post was edited by jujujojo on Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 20:12

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here