Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jujujojo_gw

If you love pine and rhododendron, come in here

jujujojo_gw
10 years ago

A wonderful 10 minutes video of pines, rhododendrons and mountains. Youtube video: Sanqingshan Park

I promise that you will enjoy it.

Comments (13)

• mulchmama
    10 years ago

Thank you, that was stunning. The most beautiful pines I have ever seen have been Chinese natives.

• mulchmama
    10 years ago

Thank you, that was stunning. The most beautiful pines I have ever seen have been Chinese natives.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by MulchMama KC Metro (My Page) on Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 17:27

Hi, did you see that pine in the end, coming out of a rock horizontally :)

• poaky1
    10 years ago

Wow, their Mtns look so different from ours, steeper, with no soil on top for several yards/feet. I can't believe those observation deck/bridges. I could never get out on them, I have vertigo when I get up high like that. When I was younger, no problem. Maybe (probably) Bonsai was started after seeing these pines growing out of rock. There ids a pine close to me that is growing out of a rocky crevice and has been about 6 ft high since I can remember, at least 30 years. I'll try to remember to take a pic of it.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by poaky1 6 Pa (My Page) on Sat, Aug 31, 13 at 21:20

Your summary is accurate. People have to see the scene to understand the ink and water paintings, for example by the renowned artist Chang Dai-Chen (May 10, 1899 - April 2, 1983 link Wiki).

Below is a section of Chang Dai-Chen's painting. See if you can figure out what the things are in it:)
    {{gwi:411856}}

• poaky1
    10 years ago

I see a Pine tree and other plants I can only guess would be Rhody's or other pines. Of course the mountains and what to me looks like a blurry dragon to the right. That's probably not what it really is though.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by poaky1 6 Pa (My Page) on Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 0:26

It is supposed to be art so nothing for sure :) I don't see any dragon though. Those might be the lichens on rock.

I am not sure what these are. I am guessing that it cannot be a magnolia.

{{gwi:411858}}

It is near a camp area. There are a lot of flowers near and far in the image. The flowers are quite large.

{{gwi:411860}}

• lovetogarden
    10 years ago

Some of the rhododendrons look ancient. They are beautiful and look so healthy. Guess they have everything they need - filtered sunlight, a misty atmosphere, and maybe the higher elevation. Wish I could grow some like that.

• davidrt28 (zone 7)
    10 years ago

That is (Sino)calycanthus chinensis.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by davidrt28 7 (My Page) on Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 10:34

Thank you for the answer. It is obvious that you are correct. I admire your knowledge :)

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by davidrt28 7 (My Page) on Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 10:34

Do you know any hybrids?

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A wonderful 10 minutes video of pines, rhododendrons and mountains. Youtube video: Sanqingshan Park

BTW, the music comes from youtube free royalty library. I promise that you will enjoy it.

{{gwi:411861}}

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, the Rhodie is named after Lushan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21OMD6tD1VU

BTW, the music in the videos has been changed.

I have always chosen free royalty music from google. After posting here, someone still turns me in as their perceived "violation of copy-right". Gladly, youtube cannot ban my video from any country because, after all, I used one from their free music list. Let 'em cry out loud.

This post was edited by jujujojo on Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 20:12