Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Infected leaves

Posted by brickman (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 5, 13 at 13:34

Hi Guys & Gals. Its been a while since I posted on here but I am having trouble finding the cause of this infection on my trees it seems to be more prevalent on the younger ones, its bad on my cherry and apple trees but extremely bad on this one in the picture ( I think it is some type of ash variety if I remember right but I could easily be wrong) here is pic.It also seems to be spreading to the maples and red oak but to a lesser degree. I don't know what it is or how to treat it . Any Ideas ? Thanks. Here is a pic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Infected leaves

I am in no way an expert but I had something that looks the same on my cherry trees. I believe it is some kind of fungus called yellow spot. You can get some chemicals from your local hardware store that you just dilute with water and apply to the base. That worked for us. Good luck.

o

I think your right It might be some type of fungus to but the pics that I have found of yellow spot dont seem to match whats happening to these, it started in the spring and has gotten steadily worse the new trees that i planted start getting it in about a months time after planting I am going to see if i can get better pics of yellow spot to compare with. Thanks

o

First, there are very few diseases that spread unilaterally from tree to tree or plant to plant so it is highly unlikely that your trees are all suffering from the same ailment........Unless of course it is a cultural issue.

Second, it is not a great idea to attempt treatment on something without knowing exactly (and I do mean exactly) what the problem is.

Unfortunately, your photo is not clear enough to determine exactly what the problem is with the tree indicated. When was it planted? How was it planted? How is it being watered? What is the soil like? If it is a disease (and I'm not convinced it isn't something amiss with the growing conditions or a cultural issue), then taking samples of the problem and photos to your local extension office will get you an accurate diagnosis and recommended treatment options.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here