Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loggymcchopperson

Help needed with tree id

Hi all,

I'm currently undertaking a little project to identify all major species of tree/bush in our summerhouse garden. However, this one tree has really been difficult for me to identify with any certainty.

The tree is a good 5m/15ft tall with the trunk branching very close to the ground and lots of dense, low spreading foliage. It's located in Denmark, border of zone 7-8.

The leaves are very finely toothed, perhaps a little over c. 7cm/3in long. The underside is slightly white with a prominent white central vein. Younger branches have white spots/lenticels on them, but the trunk is a plain smooth greyish brown. Sadly there are no apparent seeds or fruits at the moment, which has made identification a real pain.

I've included a picture of the leaves here, but have also attached a link to my photobucket gallery, with more images of the tree which may or may not help.

A huge thanks for any help you can offer. I know it's not much to go on, but any suggestions that might point me in the right direction would be great, as this is the last tree on my list to identify!

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket Gallery

This post was edited by LoggyMcChopperson on Sat, Aug 16, 14 at 21:37

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville