Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any one growing an Indian Magic Crabapple tree

Posted by mamoo_z5 z5IN (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 29, 07 at 23:37

I am looking for anyone who can help me undertand my Indian Magic Crabapple tree. It was planted in 2002 into clay soil with some bonemeal & good garden soil taken from another bed & this was mixed to create a good mix of soil.
The tree I believe was 2 years old at the time & was bought in a pot. It was not root bound & seemed to have a good root system though not thick by any means. The tree looks healthy all the time & even produces apples every year. The problem is its size because in 5 years it has only grown say 1 1/2 feet taller. I have tried the extra nitrogen fertilizing even at the cost of fruit but I get the fruit but not the size. It is suppose to be 16X16 when fully grown according to the label. I can not figure out why this tree remains so short. If anyone has an Indian Magic tree please let me know if this is normal for the tree. The tree is planted about 30' from my neighbors Black Walnut tree & I know Black Walnuts can cause problems. The tree is so healthy though I don't think the Black Walnut is slowing it down. Thank you MaMoo

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here