Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Caddo Maples

Posted by Elektron none (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 0:14

I have been searching for Caddo Maples and the only places I can find that carry them are either wholesale, sold out, or several hours away in Oklahoma. If anyone knows places that carry them in the Dallas/Fort Worth area please let me know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Caddo Maples

It's rather hard to find these at the nurseries in DFW area.

Looks like Sooner Plant Farm has some for sale online.

Other options beside Caddo Maple - Shantung maples such as 'Fire Dragon' for its red fall color. http://www.metromaples.com/Shantung.htm

Mexican Sugar Maple available for sale at Stephen F Austin State University plant sale - October 5th starting at 9 am http://sfagardens.sfasu.edu/

Here is a link that might be useful: caddo maple

o

Thanks for the info.

I might make the drive down to SFASU for one of those Mexican Sugar Maples. Do you know what size they are and their prices? If not I can email them.

o

I'm trying to remember the price and size. Rather reasonable for the price for the size which I think is 3g and 15 dollars? 4-5 feet tall? I planted one at parents in law's house last fall and it looked like it grew maybe 3 ft in its first year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mexican Sugar Maple

o

Forest Farm Has John Pair Caddos and Flashfire Caddo Maples for sale. Pricey to ship but likely one of your best bets. I haven't seen ANY Caddo maples available in the TX nursery trade.

Almost Eden has Mexican Sugar Maples to ship.

I haven't had any luck finding larger specimens of Caddo (John Pair, Autumn Splendor or Flashfire) or Mexican Sugar Maples in TX - 5gal or less is what's "available"

I'm interested in the Hiawatha Maple as well for TX testing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here