Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ele26_gw

apple tree nutrient defficiencies

ele26
10 years ago

Hello,

I am trying to learn recognise plant nutrient deficiencies but I am not sure for my guessings can you help me please? Is this iron deficieny? My second guess is Zinc or magnesium.
More photos will come soon

Thanks

Comments (8)

• ele26
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And what about this? Could be phosphorus?

• ele26
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Potassium?

• ele26
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and this?

• ele26
    Original Author
    10 years ago

magnesium

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

are you suggesting that one single tree has all these problems...

or is this an assignment of some kind ...

the fruit forum peeps might help ...

Here is a link that might be useful: 6th link looks interesting ... but citrus ...

• jean001a
    10 years ago

If in a container, that's likely the problem. If so, when was it last repotted?

Need image of entire tree.

• ele26
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi,

I am an agronomy student but this is just my personal interest to learn identify deficiencies. The leaves are from an organic orchard and they are coming from different trees-varieties.

I am very keen on try to learn separating the symptoms, that's why I collect them

Thanks

• jean001a
    10 years ago

Diagnosing with only a leaf or two from a tree is difficult if not impossible.
    Then hiding the fact that the leaves are from multiple trees is, well, not nice. Not the way a budding diagnostician functions.

The first image could be pesticide/herbicide damage. If iron deficiency, would be on new leaves.

The one labeled "? potassium" could simply be a typical late season leaf showing a bit of chronic drought stress -- the dry brown edges.

The "and this?" -- could be normal for this time of year.

As could be the leaf labeled "magnesium."