Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swb502

New Trees needed

swb502
9 years ago

Hello,

We are new home owners and sadly we had to take down 4 very large pine trees about 60' to the east of our house and on a raised ridge ~5' higher then our first floor next to the drive way. Our neighbor said he remembered them being planted 65 years ago and they just lived out there life now.

I have attached a picture from what I'm guessing is about 5 years earlier. Those small trees I think are Crimson Maples and the big pine trees next to the drive way are coming down right now.

We're hoping to plant some new trees to replace them. From reading around it sounds like April will be the right time to put some new trees in. We want to have something nice to look at and help block the wind. The other trees in the are are some sort of red maple tree.

We'd thought maybe using similar tress to the are so we keep a community looking going.

Right now were trying to figure out what the difference is between, Red, Crimson King, Celebration etc maples. We saw ad on Craigslist (https://buffalo.craigslist.org/grq/4672321636.html) and thinking about picking them up and planting them as soon as the stumps are gone.

Any of the Red kind of trees I think would look nice, but we'd also like to get something growing fairly quick to help cut the heating bills in the winter.

Thanks for any help you all can offer.

Comments (3)