Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Avocado tree dying. Please help!

Posted by nachin none (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 13:04

Hi guys, I moved to this house and my friend told me I have an avocado tree. All leaves are getting brown from the tip till they fall dry. I don't know if they did not have water for long time or it has some kind of fungus. I moved to this house in June and I've been watering once a week since then. It's a pretty big tree, kind of 25 - 30 Ft with big branches on top so Im guessing is a very mature tree. Also ph level is at 7 and it had no nutrients so I've added some fertilizer for citrus and avocado trees
By the way, I live in Los Angeles.

Please let me know how to save this tree!

Here are some pictures

Thanks!

avocado photo DSC03756.jpg
avocado photo DSC03760.jpg
avocado photo DSC03759.jpg
avocado photo DSC03761.jpg
avocado photo DSC03757.jpg
avocado photo DSC03758.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Avocado tree dying. Please help!

was it looking bad before you started messing with it...

whats your best guess on how long the pavement has been there .. laid over the root mass of the tree???

pH is irrelevant.. or the tree would have never grown that large.. unless the cement did it??? .. and then its probably a construction issue ...

has the area otherwise been in drought???

ken

o
RE: Avocado tree dying. Please help!

Hi ken, thanks for replying.

When I started watering the tree was fine. Lots of green leaves everywhere but I did notice a little brown on the tip. I guess cement was always there and looking at pics from google earth tree and cement was there long time. House was in remodeling for like 6 months so maybe nobody watered it.
Now we are on summer and is been really hot. I moved when summer started and I started watering.

What can I do.

Thanks a lot for info!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here