Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Single Stem River Birch Spacing

Posted by CAMeg northern CA (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 13:34

Hello, new member here.
We planted our single stem Riverbirch trees two years ago. Not much option In placement because of the electrical box in the ground (grrr!)
With the path we put in, I wanted a tree on each side creating a canopy to walk under
Now That they've grown some, my fear may be coming true .....that they are too close together!! Should I move one of them? I'm not sure if I should move the one on the left, OR maybe they will grow up right enough to be okay?? (my thinking is that the birch clumping trees are RIGHT next to each other when planted, so my single stems being 10ft apart should be fine)
If I move the tree on the left, it would only be maybe 2 or 3 feet. Hard to say exactly where because of the $@?! electrical box. (Can't see it in the picture but it's behind the first Bush you see on the left. The box is about 2' x 3' flat on the ground)
If I do need to move the tree on the left, I want to do it before it's too big and too late. I need some Riverbirch experts to help me out! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Single Stem River Birch Spacing

hmmm..

welcome???

the one on the left is properly sited away from the house

the one on the right.. need to be moved further out ...

bet you didnt see that one coming.. lol

if you can turn the pic.. it would help.

also.. if you could get an overall pic from across the street.. that might help also ....

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here