Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ibanez540r

Concern for first year redbud tree

ibanez540r
11 years ago

Early spring I planted a B&B Forest Pansy Redbud. It is in mostly full sun with some late afternoon/evening shade. It's in a well protected area with a privacy fence to the side, the patio and inside corner of the house to the other side, house behind, and open to the east. I put it on my drip system with 6 1gph emitters in an even circle around the tree just over the outside edge of where I estimated the root ball to be.

Originally I believe I had it going on every 3 days for about an hour. Then kicked it down to 40-45 min. Summer came with the intense high dry temps and I had to increase to every other day, I believe I left it at 40-45min. ..the tree did well, changed from the purple/red to green as expected for a forest pansy. Now in late summer and into fall it started showing signs of stress, some crunchy leaves here and there. I assumed due to a rough first summer. Now, it's really going brown and looking unhealthy. ...on the flip side we've started to get below average temps and really heavy rains (irrigation is off). Trees are beginning to change for fall colors. The forest pansy though doesn't look like an average fall change? But I thought it started doing this before the weather change too. My dad said he thought it looked over watered...

???

What's your thoughts. The other thing is the leaves have an odd brown speckle too them in addition to the dying /crumbling.

{{gwi:434381}}

{{gwi:434382}}

{{gwi:434383}}

{{gwi:434384}}

anonymous picture upload

Comments (7)