Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chelseamichelle

Gamble oak question

chelseamichelle
9 years ago

I have seven gamble oak, they are all brand new, and one has some sort of spots. I have read about it with no example pictures shown and a theory is that it could be a fungus from poor water drainage. I don't know if that is it. All my other trees are fine. It has gotten worse. Here are a couple pictures of what it looks like. If you can help me identify what this is I thank you. I guess I can only post one photo. So here it is. As you can see the black and brown spots. Does anyone know what this is?

Comment (1)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

brand new trees have lots of stresses ...

and google says its deciduous.. so they will be falling off ... so its not really time to do anything about it all ....

even leaves with blemishes function ... unless there is a severe infestation.. i would ignore it ...

lets see how it all works out next year ... before we go worrying about it ...

dont know where you are.. but insure they are properly watered.. deep into fall.. and in drought next year.. see link

why did you plant all of one kind???.. how big are they.. where are you.. how did you plant them... whats your watering protocol ... etc ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link