Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fraxinus Uhdei planting distance

Posted by vikingboy2013 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 7, 13 at 15:23

I live in Mexico and want to plant a shamel ash (fraxinus uhdei) tree in my garden although it is really small, measuring only 12 ft. Wide and 20 ft. Long. Is it safe to plant one or two of these ash trees in the center of the yard. My house is of brick construction atop a concrete foundation. Since I would water these I think there would be no problems with drought and the roots looking for water elsewhere.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fraxinus Uhdei planting distance

hi

based on google pix.... you do not have space for two ...

and i question even one ...

my experience with ash .. NOT YOURS... indicated some serious root competition .... as early as 5 years from a 2 foot seedling ...

i dont know if you will be able to do any gardening under this tree.. in not so many years.. in such a small garden ...

in other words.. you seem to be thinking it wont hurt your house.. but that is not the issue i think will become a problem .. but again.. i am speaking in ash generalities.. not specifically your named tree ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here