Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaesgarden

How to proceed?

kaesgarden
9 years ago

So i have this tree, as you can see it's been butchered. This tree came with the house we just purchased and when we first moved in i thought this tree was dead. Half of it was absolutely for certain dead so i removed half and waited a month and only a leaf on the other side had grown and all the other branches were bear.

So i cut the trunk in half was hopes of removing the actual tree i started to dig it out as i have several around here that had been neglected and died and i sawed more than half way through the trunk at the bottom cause i couldn't get it out i was going to put loads of earth over it and let the flowers i would of planted feed on it.

My family and I went away for vacation and when we got back there were loads of new shoots on the trunk and now several months later as you can see this is what it's grown to.

But what do i do now? Do i just let it keep growing, will it grow much larger as i doubt the trunk is going to spring up again this tree is considerable low to the ground. My husband thinks its an interesting feature at the moment and since it's worked so hard to get where it is, i'm inclined to leave it.

What are your suggestions and advise and what's the best way to over winter this tree? Just mulch it and call it good? Pruning?

Thanks again!
Scarlet

Comments (8)