Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wolfy528

Trees, what is safe near house and drain field

wolfy528
12 years ago

I planted 2 red maples, 1 silver maple, 1 sugar maple, 1 red oak and 4 crape myrtle I received from arbor day 1 1/2 years ago. I have recently learned some of these were on the drain field.

I moved the Silver maple and it is about 50 feet behind the house and about 70 feet from the drain field. I have an acre of land and I am now considering moving it the very back corner of my property or getting rid of it.

My bigger question is I have a sugar maple I still need to move and I am unsure how far away I need to move it. I also have the red maple about 50 foot away from the house and drain field. Is this far enough?

I planted the red oak 20 feet away from the house, it also about 20 feet away from the drain field.

I planted 2 crape myrtle over the end of the drain field should I move these also.

I am most attached to my crape myrtle. I started planting trees to the east side of my house as it is an open field with nothing in it and I wanted to shade it and give it color, wish I had known where the drain field was before I planted all of these. The septic tank is about 20 feet in front of the house and the drain field is to the east of the septic tank. Oh well, any advice on the trees would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (6)