Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Semi-rare, Neat, or Pretty Woody Plants from Hawaii Trip_Set 5

Posted by brandon7 6b/7b TN (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 16, 11 at 23:04

Last Set (5 of 5)

Not even woody plants, but too pretty not to post...

Moir Gardens

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Semi-rare, Neat, or Pretty Woody Plants from Hawaii Trip_Set

• Posted by j0nd03 7 west/central AR (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 8:41

Hawaii really looks like an alien world in some of your pics. A trip to the state is in my top 3 vacation priorities. Hopefully in 3-4 years when the kids are old enough to remember the trip, we will load up and go. Everyone I know that has been there says it is a "must see".

Thanks for sharing all the pics in the other topics, too. It is nice to have quality pics of rare/unusual/foreign trees to enjoy.

John

o

Unfortunately, this trip wasn't really a vacation, but I did get a chance to revisit some neat places (Limahuli Garden, McBryde Garden, Kokee). I ran into Moir Gardens by accident. I hadn't even known it existed.

o

I'm gonna go ahead and bump all of these down.

In case anyone comes along later and wants to see all of them, here are the links:

Set 1
Set 2
Set 3
Set 4
Set 5

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 21, 11 at 8:27

Some of the cacti in the Moir garden have escaped into the surrounding countryside. It's on the dry side of the island.
Did you know there is an arboretum up behind Kapaa? Keahua Arboretum.
Kokee State Park has Coast Redwood interplanted with Cunninghamia lanceolata, 'Glauca' across the field toward the road by the museum and cafe.
Mike

o

Yeah, I have known about that arboretum, but have never actually been there. From what I've been told, it's more of a swimming hole and picnic area than what I think of as an arboretum. If you've been there and that's not right, let me know. I'll take a look next time I'm there.

I thought about posting a bunch of pictures of Kokee, but didn't take the time to sort through them for posting. Most people would probably be surprised to know that that place was in Hawaii. The flora is so drastically different than down in the lower areas. Too bad there's not a Mountain Goat Forum. I got some awesome closeup pictures of them, running around on the narrowest of tiny ledges.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here