Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dog ripping off crape myrtle branches

Posted by gardenapprentice 7 TN (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 15:27

My dog has been taking a liking to our 2 crapes now he's torn one to the ground and we replanted one, but he keeps on eatin the branches I hate it and we do to want to but another one, please can anyone tell me what I need to do

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dog ripping off crape myrtle branches

Build a small wire fence around the 2 crape myrtle bushes.

There's a gadget used to guard small Koi ponds called a Scarecrow; it hooks to a water hose and has a motion sensor so as to spray water at intruders.

You could take a look at 'invisible fence' type products, and maybe bury the wire for one around your bushes, stick a color on the dog, and go from there.

Or train your dog with a shock collar to avoid the bushes.

Richard.

o

TRAIN YOUR DOG ...

i described my method at the link ..

good luck ....

ken

ps: yes a physical barrier should work .. but that still leaves you with the mutt from hell .. lol ..

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Lol he's a good dog definatly not from hell lol, but he started tearing our other one and it's basically shredded so looks like I'm gonna buy one in a day or two

o

He's a gorgeous dog! I don't which is worse, your crape eater or our mulch eater.

We have used a citronella collar and it works extremely well. I like it better than a shock collar because it gets the dog's attention and is a bit unp[leaseant, and also makes him smell great. Another deterrent would be pepper spray, which you can buy to keep rabbits away. I used pepper spray on our furniture when our pup was really small (he's 9 months now) and it saved a lot of furniture. It works real fast.

o

Lol thx as you can tell it's a GSD but he ripped the crape more today, my relative got mad at him and put him in his outside cage area we plan on gettin another crape possibly 2 more hopefully they know not to plant the trees in the yard with my dog anymore lol but the sad thing is they were to to crape myrtles and never bloomed and I hate to leave the crapes there because their beautiful vase structure is ruined I'll dig em up and get another one within the week all crapes are on sale yay lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here