Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy first day of winter!

Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 7:39

The weatherman so kindly reminded me that today is the first day of winter so just passing on the cheer to those in the upper plains, midwest and east.

With 6 nights below 0 this month thus far (exceeded all of last winter) and a low of -8 (matched the coldest day in 3 years) before winter even started is down right depressing. I'm going to roll with the holidays then someone is going to have to wake me when spring hits.

All I can say is keep that snow coming! 4-8" on its way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy first day of winter!

Woke up to an unseasonable 54 degrees this morning. But I see in the forecast that colder days are ahead. Christmas day should be normal.

o

Whew. What a relief. Now the days can start getting longer

esh - we've got up to 5" of rain coming in Georgia!

o

52f and drizzling here. Still feels like Autumn - grey and soggy.

o

Going to 70 F. here tomorrow. Front comes in a few days with heavy rain, then colder. Mini drought busted here.

Big plants (mostly palms and Citrus) are going out to get hosed down.

Happy Winter & Merry X-Mas, and Happy New Year!

o

It is the winter solstice, and from here on, the days get longer. That is something worth celebrating! Happy Solstice, Christmas, New Years, and all winter holidays to everyone!

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 12:53

Love that picture! The native larch around here are the last to show fall color as well.

Merry everything to everyone!

o

85 and sunny here today. Although I love living in Florida, for 1 day...Christmas...I would love a fluke snowfall :)

o

It hit the lower 70s here today. TOO warm for me. It's winter...it's supposed to be cold(ish).

o

My birthday is the 21st.

Cheers everyone.......I'm now 40!

Samuel L. Jackson also had a birthday yesterday!

Dax

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 22, 13 at 11:55

As Sam would say, happy mother f'ing birthday!

o

Yo

Dax

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here