Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source for Edilens Books on Trees

Posted by mattm01 none (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 4, 13 at 21:50

Does anyone know how or where to get Edilens books on trees? I've been trying to track down the english language version of "The Illustrated Guide to Oaks - 3rd Ed." and maybe their Maples books as well but have had ZERO luck. I've tried contacting Edilens via email and their website portal with no luck either. Books look beautiful.

Thanks!

http://www.edilens.com/EN/chenes/accueil.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source for Edilens Books on Trees

hey matt ...

you dont mention how far you got in your research ... and didnt mention if you read french ...

the link below.. as of 2012, indicates its in french.. and the English version was in process ...i suspect its not done, as their website if you click tends towards a lot more info on the french side versus the english pages ... i further suggest it takes a long time to translate a 2 volume set.. but i am just guessing ...

the article recommends other books

good luck ...

ken

ps: if you do read french.. you MIGHT find a Canadian/Quebec source.. rather than shipping it from france ...

Here is a link that might be useful: almost forgot the link .. i hate when that almost happens ...

o
RE: who knew

there was an international oak society .. lol ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: i used the 5th link to find the souce in the prior post

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here