Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seligman_gw

Filter/Pressure Regulator Locations

seligman
17 years ago

My yard has 11 valves - 5 to water the grass and 6 to water the garden and planters. Unfortunately, these 11 valves are located in three different locations around my house.

The landscape architect foolishly specified standard sprinklers for the planters, which just doesn't work well considering my soil type and living on a hillside. I've had great success with drip irrigation in the past, so I want to convert the planters and garden over to drippers.

Because of the three different valve locations, this poses a bit of a problem for placement of the pressure regulators. I guess I'll have to install 6 individual pressure regulators on the appropriate lines or else the lawn sprinklers won't have enough pressure.

What about filtering the irrigation water? Can I install ONE filter before the first set of valves to filter everything? This filter would have to be designed to withstand a constant 100 PSI since the first valves will be down line.

Any suggestions about how to accomplish this feat? Should I opt for brass parts instead of plastic?

Comment (1)