Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rmonge00

Help setting up system...

rmonge00
11 years ago

Hello,

I want to run a water line from my house to my garden, where I want to install about 4-6 faucets to connect drip irrigation to. I would like to be able to use the first faucet in the line year-round because that one will service the greenhouse.

What kind of cold weather precautions do I need to take? (our frost line is 18 inches and we go in and and out of light frosts all winter).

Can I bury it all below frost line and set up a drain line for the first faucet (so it can drain water when not being used). And then blow out or drain the other faucets during the winter. Would burying below frost line help?

Do I need to insulate the pipe that is connecting to the house pipe above the frost line?

Is a drain line the best way to go for the faucet that I want to use year-round?

Should I put in a valve to blow out the other lines with a compressor or should I just install drain lines for them?

Do I need to set up a frost-free faucet on the one that I am using year-round? Sorry for all of the questions!!!!!

Comment (1)