Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
riegersteve

irrigation controller

riegersteve
14 years ago

redid my watering system to a drip (and some mist) system, now its time for me to replace the controller/timer.

i have 5 zones, and would like to keep it that way.

any recommendations ?

Comments (8)

• lehua49
    14 years ago

Hi steve,

What was the brand of the controller were you using and why do you want to change? How long has it been operating? If you want to buy the best check out Consumer Report or rating of the controllers on line. Is it an indoor controller or located outside? Do you have a filter and pressure regulator in your drip system? Did you do the drip conversion yourself? What type of system did you have before drip? I love asking questions and I hope you don't mind giving answers, and you thought this was a simple question. JMHO Aloha.

• riegersteve
    Original Author
    14 years ago

the current controller isn't working, (bought the house about 6 months ago)
    the new drip system is a mix and match, but mostly rainbird products,
    i have a pressure regulator inline, and filters inline as well.

the controller will be for outdoor.

• lehua49
    14 years ago

Hi Steve,

Rainbird is a reputable product line. I have 2 Orbit controllers and have not problems in 5 years and they are easy to program and easy to revise programing. Hunter is also a very good brand with a very flexible modular system but pricey. maybe some GardenWeb members will relate what they don't like. There is probably some past post that you can search that relate to this subject. Aloha

• mikeh44
    14 years ago

I would stay away from the Orbit line altogether and the low end RainBird Choices. WE have had systemic issues w/ both lines. There isn't any better standard controller than the Hunter XC-600. Make sure your Rain Sensor is working!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sprinkler Warehouse page

• seo_stevej
    14 years ago

For a 5 zones watering system and irrigation you must contact any professional in this area.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drip Irrigation

• steve_l
    14 years ago

"For a 5 zones watering system and irrigation you must contact any professional in this area."

What does that mean???

• lehua49
    14 years ago

ItoughtthesamethingitisalmostlikewritngathreadwithoutspacingIwonderifheissellingsomethingonthethreadhekeepsmentioningandhiscontractoresehadafraudianslipexplainyourselfseostevealoha

• vgnurseryco
    14 years ago

I throw my hat in for Hunter. We use the new Hunter ACC controller. (new this year) and I am in love.

Remote control is luxury few nurseries enjoy.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting