Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pipe clamps for black poly hose

Posted by seasonedwarrior 9 California (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 19:08

Greetings: My irrigation system is composed mainly of 1" black poly pipe for the main trunks and then reduced to mainly a drip system. I am very happy with my system but years ago I purchased a hose clamp system that was composed of a heavy brass tool and stainless steel loops. The loop is wrapped around the hose so that you have two wires going aroudn and then the tool fits into the two end of the loop and a heavy screw is turned to tension the loop. I have never had a leak with that system but I can no longer find a supplier who carries it. I hate the screw band clamp systems that are available in most harware stores because they inevitably leak. The wire tens to compress the poly into the barbs of the fittings, the bands just sit on top. Any suggestions??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pipe clamps for black poly hose

sw,

Is this what you are talking about.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=wire+hose+clamps

Aloha

o
RE: Pipe clamps for black poly hose

Lee Valley Tool.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=59452&cat=1,43456

Here is a link that might be useful: Clamptite tool.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here