Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
little_minnie

tubing and tape questions

little_minnie
11 years ago

I didn't know garden web had an irrigation page!
I have a half acre market garden. Last year I did tape over the whole thing but had problems in mid summer with lack of watering in the far points of the field. So I am working out a better plan for 2013. I tried doing the whole garden at one time last year and that worked great for a couple months and then stopped as I said. Then I divided out, pulled out tape I didn't need anymore and did like 1/3 at a time.
{{gwi:324858}}
This is the zones I propose this season and length of tape I will use. I want to know if this will work better.

Also I am ordering new tape for the beds that will be under mulch. It is the better grade 10 mil Aqua Trax. For the open beds where I can see what they are doing I will use the remaining roll of 8 mil John Deere brand.

I have been using 1/2 inch tubing to the tapes. Should I switch to 3/4 inch?

Also I need to buy tubing for low tunnels anyway. Is decent 3/4 inch or 1 inch tubing available at Menards and if so how much does it cost? I am almost ready to place an order for tape and plastic mulch but like to compare local cost with mailorder and shipping. I found the stuff at Home Depot was so high it as cheaper to order it from an irrigation company and pay the shipping.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?