Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Web Based Controllers

Posted by trclac 77494 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 21:02

I notice that Irrigation Caddy just released the W1 Wireless Web-Based Sprinkler Control. I'd really like to get a web-based controller, and utilize my iPhone or iPad (or computer) to control my settings. The simplicity and ability to easily to adjust settings seems very attractive over the old dial controllers. But before I dump a couple hunder dollars, has anyone had any experience with these? If so, does anyone have recommendations on the best brand/model?
I've been thinking of getting one for about a year, but with this new release, the temptation is back. I'd just like to know if anyone owns such a device and would recommend them.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Web Based Controllers

trlc,

Sounds too pat. Too much like a sales pitch. Not the average desire or experience of a home gardener. How often do you think you would need to actually use a remote device to tweak your system? JMHO

o

I can't control my sprinkler from Hong Kong (I'm in Texas) but I can control it from up to 1000 ft away (set station and run time) with my Hunter remote (think TV remote). And when I'm out working on/tweaking the system, I don't have to keep running back and forth to the controller box. But mostly I use it to run the stations from in my house. Love LOVE it!

o

:), use your phone for irrigation, that is very awsome

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here