Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
formosalily

Cost for Drip Irrigation System

formosalily
17 years ago

Got a quote for installing drip irrigation system all around a .25 acre lot at $3,000. Is this reasonable?

Thanks!

Comments (5)

• jiminspain
    17 years ago

Going away for about a month have 5 plants that i would like to have some kind of dripper system on is there a simple system I could make myself

• bane1202
    17 years ago

I got a drip system on part of my yard (about 1/2 acres worth) for about $2300.. and this is almost completely covered in landscaped beds and drip lines for the planters on my deck.. barring any regional price differences Id say you should get a few more quotes.. and mention to the people that give you the quotes that you are getting a lot of quotes... that industry is very competitive... I got a lot of added extras when doing my other sprinkler system for the lawn areas (whole 6th zone, rain sensor, upgraded heads and timer) just by mentioning that there was competition in the picture

• bane1202
    17 years ago

to answer jim's question.. small scale drip systems are pretty easy to create (I had one for my deck planters before I had a professional put one in for my whole yard)... My Lowes carries all the parts for them (the backflow valves and lines and misters) at a reasonable price

• dirtmecnanic
    17 years ago

Have successfully used drip system for a couple of years now - mine is just for the beds in my back yard and is quite manual yet very effective and doesn't use a lot of water. A do-it yourself system should run less than $100.00, depending on just how much area you are doing. I wouldn't consider it to try and water a yard, just plants and shrubs. Lots of good how-to sites on the internet. The primary components are a filter, pressure reducer (25psi) and timer......Home Depot used to have a good selection of DIG supplies, but they reduced the shelf space and eliminated a lot of good product. If you have a local Irrrigation Supply store, check them out -- they speak the language and are not all that expensive.

• strongml
    17 years ago

I had similar questions myself recently. There is a company called Ewing that has a lot of locations across the US. They were really friendly to me. I put together the following to water a small bed and 5 containers.
    100 ft of spaghetti tubing - 11.21
    pressure regulator - 9.00
    10ft of main line 1/2" - 3.50
    2 gph emmiters - .29 ea
    .5 gph emmiters - .30 ea
    male adapter - .59 ea
    crimp end - .19 ea
    connector tubing - .14 ea
    key punch - .74 ea
    hose swivel - 1.05
    So my whole system should be under $70 with one of those cheap timers from Home Depot. I really didn't understand what i needed or how to do it, but I do after visiting that store. Your's may not be as friendly, but there are lots of places on the internet to purchase the stuff, too.
    Michael