Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sprinkler heads too tall!

Posted by agrandma (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 17, 12 at 22:55

There are several automatic sprinkler heads in my fathers yard that stick up out of the grass about an inch. They are the shortest 2" sprinkler heads. He had the whole system installed a few years ago by someone else. So when the lawn is mowed the sprinklers get broken! Can anyone advise me as to what to do? I went to the hardware store and bought those short plastic green sprinkler heads but they don't have springs In them and I'm not convinced they'll work well. Does anyone have any other advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sprinkler heads too tall!

the first thing to do is carefully dig up each head and see how they are connected. If they are on a flex pipe simply lowering them will work although if this is the case I would recommend going two a 4" head. If they are mounted on a riser direct from the pvc pipe shortening the riser or adding some flex pipe may be necessary.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here