Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adding a Zone/Station

Posted by monicakm NE Texas (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 23:46

With some help from the internet community, DH thinks he can do at least as good as the people who put in our system, if not better. I've googled how to add a zone to a water sprinkler system. Found some info and a couple YouTube videos. Came across a product on You Tube called "Add a Zone +". I've only watched it once but it seems too good to be true and you know how that goes...it usually IS (too good to be true) but if it works, it would sure make things a lot easier.

I have a Hunter Pro C control box. Currently there are 6 stations but it's upgradeable to several more. We're looking to only add ONE, BUT, might possibly be interested, later, in splitting a couple stations and adding more heads....which I guess is what we're doing now LOL

If you have a favorite site with good instructions on how to add zones, would you mind sharing it here please? And also would you guys look at this product and give me your honest opinion.

Here is the YouTube video and below that is a link to Sprinkler Warehouse with additional information.

And one more question. If we do use this Add a Zone +, will my Hunter Remote Control still work like it's supposed to?

I'm sorry, it's been so long since I've posted a link on Garden Web, I've forgotten how to make a clickable link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu2kDBryWeo

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/RCO-Irrigation-Controlller-Add-Zone-p/add-a-zone.htm

Thanks,
Monica

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adding a Zone/Station

Wow, this forum isn't as busy as it used to be. Maybe it's too early in the year. We have the Add a Zone product and DH is working on the system as we speak. Just in case anyone is interested, I'll post the outcome.

o
RE: Adding a Zone/Station

Followup: Add a Zone works as advertised and my remote control still works :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here