Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rvanness

One Sprinkler Head has Little Pressure

rvanness
13 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I have a four station watering system for my yard. One particular station has 7 sprinkler heads for watering about 800sqft of grass. One sprinkler head has very little pressure, while the remaining six have plenty of pressure. I have changed the sprinkler head a few times still arriving with the same problem. I am about to dig up the piping for that sprinkler to see if I have a leak in the tubing.

But I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions about any other potential problems. I don't want to have to dig up the entire system, mainly because I would disturb a flagstone patio (A LOT of work would be needed to o re-position and lay the stone again).

Any suggestions if their is not a leak in the tubing for that particular sprinkler?

Thanks!

Ricky (New Mexico)

Comment (1)

• lehua49
    13 years ago

Ryanese,

You are on the right track. There is some type of blockage if you do not see any obvious wet areas along the laterals path. Start from the sprinkler and work your way back. The important info is that the other heads in that zone are operating correctly. So the only possibility is that that lateral is damaged or restricted in some way. GL JMHO Aloha