Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with I.D. of a RainBird valve

Posted by netuse (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 5, 09 at 10:11

I'm hoping those in the know can identify this valve. It's a RainBird, and it's stuck open. I've confirmed that the solenoid is functioning correctly, and still every time I water a zone, the zone fed from this valve is watered as well. So, I believe I need to replace the guts.

If anyone can identify this valve with a model number, I'd be very grateful. A link to replacement parts would be even more helpful. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36036605@N04/3331073720/sizes/l/

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with I.D. of a RainBird valve

That's a Rainbird EV-100. You probably need a new diaphram.

http://www.sprinklers4irrigation.com/en-us/dept_3186.html

o
RE: Help with I.D. of a RainBird valve

It appears to me to be an old style DV 100, which unfortunately for you they dont make it or parts for any longer. Whats more, the body is probably cracked.
I think you'll end up having to cut out the offending valve and replace it with a new on. From what it looks like in the photo, there is at least one other valve adjacent to it, so you may as well relpace it while you are in there because chances are that it will fail sooner as opposed to later.

All Wet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here