Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peachymomo_gw

Advice on irrigation planning/installation

peachymomo
11 years ago

My biggest goal this year is to get an irrigation system installed to water my small home orchard, vineyard, berry patch, large veggy garden, and various flower gardens. I would like a system with zones to water the different areas so that they all have enough water without using more than necessary, any advice on how best to achieve this?

Do you think it would be possible for me to make one myself with the help of my (very handy) boyfriend? Or should I bite the bullet and hire a professional? There is a local landscape architect whose website says that they specialize in zoned irrigation systems to deliver water in the most efficient way possible, which sounds great to me. The third option is my neighbor, he is a handyman who does all sorts of odd jobs and who happens to have a great veggy garden and home orchard all irrigated by a system he installed himself.

I don't want to spend more than I have to, but I am more interested in getting a good system that will work well for many years than saving money in the short term. So, what should I do?

Comment (1)