Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
irrigation system necessary parts

Posted by sweetwilliam89 5b (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 29, 14 at 13:32

We'd like to set up an irrigation system using drip tape for some land we're renting for vegetables. Thinking about using 0.37 gph, 15 mil tape emitters spaced 12". Our water supply line would be attached to another hose that would be attached to a faucet. The supply line would be attached to 24 drip tape lines with each running 26 feet.The supply line itself would run about 40 feet in length. I know we need to have the drip tape and supply line but I'm wondering what other parts (could just get a kit, but the kits may have extra unneeded parts) I need to get to attach to the hose and if the system will work or if anyone has any suggesitons greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: irrigation system necessary parts

sw,

By my calcs you need a 4.5 gpm source unless you break it into zones. If source pressure is over 25 psi you will need a pressure reducer before the mainline and drip tape. Does your source give you the 4.5 gpm. You should fill a 5-gal bucket in one minute but that is at your source pressure not at 15-20 psi for drip. Fill the bucket with the pressure reducer on the line. JMHO Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here