Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drip Irrigation Help!

Posted by tsingh none (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 13:48

I put together a drip irrigation system that looks as follows.

1 - From a garden spigot => small lead hose => multi connector manifold => timer valve (attached to an orbit timer) => 20 psi pressure regulator => pvc adapter => hose connector => 1/2 inch drip irrigation hose => connector => 1/4 inch drip irrigation tubing => 1/2 gph red drip emitter.

2 - The half inch tube runs around the garden as follow

26 feet straight (part 1) => elbow connector => 5 feet (part 2) => 30 feet straight (part 3).

3 - I have for 1/2 gph emitters towards the end of part 1 and one sprinkler type emitter towards the end of part 3.

When I turn the system on (I have the spigot turned on only ust a little bit), either manually or automatically for 1 minute..the 4 1/2 gph emitters are spraying a stream of water instead of dripping.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

This post was edited by tsingh on Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 14:55

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drip Irrigation Help!

ts,

Too much pressure. Test your pressure from the splitter and see what you get(hose water pressure gauge from hardware store). Let us know what it is. Your 20 psi pressure regulator may be overwhelmed with the initial pressure or maybe not functioning. I can tell you are concerned with a pressure problem when you say I only turned the water a little bit. Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here