Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Experience with the Noodlehead sprinkler? Other ideas maybe?

Posted by dcrosby 5MA (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 12 at 16:33

Dear Garden folk

I've been eying the Noodlehead sprinkler (Gardeners Supply, Park Seed, Gardeners Edge) It is advertised as a solution to unusually shaped garden plots. My bed is a simple rectangle. What I want to know is whether the sprinkler would work with a normally shaped garden plot where the sprinkler would be placed outside of the garden (rather than in the center). I waste so much water and make such a mess with other sprinklers (of which I've tried many)

Question is...are the 'noodles' long enough and does the spray reach far enough to water a regular bed
Am I making any sense?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Experience with the Noodlehead sprinkler? Other ideas maybe?

No experience with this item myself BUT looking at the website and some reading my question would be why not micro head irrigation. Very easy to install and maintain in most situations and water use is very easy to control. Many companies out there making these systems and most these days are interchangeable. I would check out micro heads rather than that Noodlehead myself. Just an idea.

Good luck,
Tom

o

Thanks for the idea Tom! I checked it out but my bed is sooo small that any irrigation set up would probably take up 1/2 the plot

Dale

o

I do have experience with both a noodle head and micro sprinkler systems.

Micro sprinkler systems-
They clog very easily, are time consuming to set up and also break constantly. Very seldom willy your micro sprinkler system work as intended. You will spend more time and money designing and maintaining micros

NoodleHead-
This actually works much better than I thought it would. You will need to valve it if it's on a sprinkler system. Most cities water pressure will make these things shoot water 20-30 feet. I have them in my large vegetable gardens and they are easy to install and easy to adjust. If you need to you can also add extension hoses to the heads to drip irrigate or micro spray areas away from the head. This also handles water pressure very well. I've had trouble with that in the past with micro water distributors

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here