Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2 zones come on at same time

Posted by jcat2222 none (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 20:21

I'm using city water -- I have a intermatic timer, a rainbird antisiphon valve, and a 4 outlet index. I currently only have 2 zones hooked up to the index with the 2 zone cam. When I initially hooked the system up a week or two ago, both zones came on independently and worked fine. Now, when I manually turn on the system from the controller, both zones come on at the same time with low pressure. If i flip the switch dozens of times, eventually one zone will come on alone and will work fine. then when i shut it off and turn back on, it goes back to the same problem of both zones running at same time with low pressure.

What could be causing both zones to come on at once... is there something not triggering the index to shut one zone and move to the other? why is it trying to run both simultaneously?

I live in Central FL, no freezing or anything...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2 zones come on at same time

jc,

Check out previous GW link:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/water/msg0309103428949.html?1

With city water you shouldn't have a debris problem and your system has been running very long for a calcium build up problem. Maybe a faulty valve. Can you return it and get a new one? Aloha

o

Hello,

I looked through the link you provided and I don't think any of those are my problems. It seems to me that the plunger is not being pressed down all the way making both of my zones come on. I replaced the plunger (stem/disc) inside with another one, same problem. The cam is installed correctly. it's a 4 outlet index with a 2 zone cam. the additional 2 zones that I have capped (but not sealed at the end) leak slightly, so technically the water is coming out of all 4 outlets from the index, which to me seems like there may not be enough pressure to press the plunger down all the way to only active 1 zone. When the system is off and i have the top part of the index off, the stem when pressed down moves freely and switches to the next zone when i manually operate it with my hand, so it doesn't seem like its getting caught on anything. oh well.... maybe i'll have to call a professional, i tried everything i can think of aside from replacing the index which i feel like wouldn't fix it anyway since the index was new to begin with and this time i even replaced the stem/disc inside with another one and same issue still?

o

jc,

My $0.02 is you sound more knowledgeable than most and have troubleshot the sucker and come to a good conclusion. You are the one on the ground. Call for help. aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here