Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jkeel_gw

Not Sure if this is possible

Jkeel
12 years ago

Good day everyone. I have an idea for changing the irrigation in my garden but not sure if this is even possible. Anyway here are the basics:

I have 8 rows about 100 yards each and about 6 feet apart. I use a 250 gpm pump that uses a suction off a ditch that runs through our property and usually has plenty of water in it. In past years I have run the hard plastic hose up to the garden (about 50') and than ran several garden hoses off it and utilized them to water the entire garden and while this has worked I would like to improve it.

My thought is to mount 4 sprinklers about 6 feet in the air and have them supplied by the pump. My inital plan is to come in about 25 yards from each side and have 4 of them each 25 yards in from the sides and the ends of the garden and see if that covers it all.

My questions are do you think this will work? Will a 250 gpm supply enough water for something like this? Any suggestions on type of sprinkler heads to use or how to pipe this up? My understanding is I should use a smooth bore nozzle on the sprinlers since the pump is drawing from the ditch and any debris that comes thru would shoot right thru the sprinkler without clogging it.

Thanks for your time and any suggestions or tips you could give I would be deeply appreciative of.

Comment (1)