Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with converting sprinklers to drip/bubbler sprayer system

Posted by sprtsguy76 Santa Clara Ca. 9b (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 12 at 23:36

Hi all. I have a single valve sprinkler system in my backyard. It has 8 sprinkler heads. I have capped off 4 of them and the other four I'm converting to 1/2 inch risers for drip/bubblers. Off these 4 risers I plan to run 1/2 inch poly tube with 10-15 adjustable bubblers/sprayers per line. These bubblers/sprayers supposedly have an adjustable flow rate of 0-18 GPH. So the question is: em I dreaming here or can this work?? I have not measured my water pressure in the backyard but I'm pretty sure its darn good. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Damon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with converting sprinklers to drip/bubbler sprayer syste

You will need to check your pressure, if it's too high, it will blow your bubblers out of the poly. But yes, it can be done, using a Female Pipe Thread swivel fitting, in the size of your poly tubing. Most common being .700. Drip irrigation should be around 25 psi. You might get by with a little more tho.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here