Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Q: Do I need a valve and timer for this?

Posted by rayyar77 none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 1:32

I tapped into my bckyrd PVC in order to add palms and plants on a drip system. Got it all working, but drippers will not shut off unless I close the backflow valve on the side of my house. When I close this valve, the front yrd irrigation will not turn on. Should I not be able to control the bckyrd also with the timer I already have or is there something wrong with my setup or do I need to put in a irrigation valve and timer past the backflow. Please, please help if you know. I don't want to keep doing this manually b/c I may forget and I just put in the landscaping myself...lots of work and money would be wasted.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Q: Do I need a valve and timer for this?

ry,

Hard to tell from your description and not seeing the physical layout of your system. Is the drip system below in elevation compared to the valves? In other words, is the system slowly draining out the drip emitters after shutoff. My advice is get an irrigation guy out and take a look at your system (not that expensive but worth the $$) or a knowledgeable friend or neighbor. It is too hard to tell what is happening from where I am sitting. JMHO aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here