Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pump and pump controllers

Posted by litotes Italty (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 27, 10 at 4:31

Hi,

I have a deep well and a high pressure pump that extracts the water into a container of approx 1 cubic meter capacity.

I then use a further lower pressure pump to irrigate my vegetable garden using drip system. I have to turn the pump on manually and I use a timer to turn the pump on when i am away from home. This works fine because I only have 1 water zone.

I recently planted an olive grove and orchard and so I now have 3 zones. Each zone has very different water requirements and so I would like to upgrade my system.

What equipment would I need?

I guess I would need to do the following:

1) turn pump on for zone 1 only
2) turn pump off for zone 1 only
3) turn pump on for zone 2 only
4) turn pump off for zone 2 only

etc..

Any information would be great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pump and pump controllers

Most all irrigation controllers today have multiple programs and a pump start terminal on the controller. You would put zone #1 on program A with its own start and run times and do the same for the others on program B, C and D etc. A local irrigation supplier will have various controllers to choose from.

o

The problem is I live in Italy and the local market for this kind of thing is very limited.

Perhaps someone could point me in the direction of a few manufacturers.

Thanks

o

www.irritrol.com (Total Control Series is good and easy to use), www.rainbird.com, www.hunterindustries.com good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here