Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In Okla - Cost per Zone

Posted by gambleress (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 10:35

I am needing sprinklers for approximately 1 acre, for some reason I had it in my head it would be about 300 per zone.. Most installers are asking about 550, lowest 450. Has anyone heard of any companies installing for less? I need 14 zones.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In Okla - Cost per Zone

gambleress, it will take about 27154 gallons of water to irrigate one acre the equivalent of one inch of rainfall. Each head will have a gpm delivery rate and from this you can determine how many heads you will need, to run each zone for say, half an hour. The total gpm of all the heads on a zone should not be more than the 60% of the gpm available at the water source (pump or Municipal). The 60% will vary depending upon the piping sizes and length of run; the number of heads will vary depending upon the shape of the area and the overlap designed in the system. Most heads come provided with a number of nozzles of different output. This is necessary in order to match the output (the gallons of water over a given area) of a quarter circle head to a full circle head on the same zone. These are some of the design features which you can decide upon and these will help you to choose an installer. Other variables will be material and labor costs. Hope this helps on what looks like an expensive project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here