Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pressure Switch for Irrigation Pump?

Posted by StevieD 8b/9a FL (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 11, 05 at 13:00

My home irrigation system has been working fine since we re-installed it (have an old pump, well and tank but new controller, lines, sprayheads, etc.). I noticed the other day that when I ran a garden house from a spigot hooked to the well, that my tank emptied and the tank pressure dropped to zero. The pump never came on to refill the tank. The next morning, I noticed that the storage tank was full with plenty of pressure. I tried it two days in a row with the same results.

Interestingly, the irrigation system itself seems to work fine, as far as I can tell, although I haven't really sat down and watch it run for sevreal hours at a time, so I could be wrong about this.

I called a local well service company. They suggested that I may have dirt or cobwebs in the pressure switch and that I could easily clean it out myself. This sounds like a good place to start, but I don't know what a pressure switch looks like! Can anyone give me some help identifying what one looks like and what needs to be cleaned?

Any other ideas as to what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pressure Switch for Irrigation Pump?

• Posted by Mikie z9 St.Pete.FL (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 13, 05 at 7:34

if typical shallow well pump

little (about) 2" x 4" rectangular box on the side of pump usually, most have a tiny pressure tube or pipe and the power source wires going into it.

Here is a link that might be useful: pic of press switch

o

Thanks, Mikie! I found it. It looks to me like a bad switch, not a dirt problem. I've contacted someone to replace my switch.

o

• Posted by coho z8/9 N. Calif (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 27, 05 at 23:46

Sounds like the tube or pipe to the switch is virtually plugged.

o

between the water pump and pressure switch can't install the water tap

? ??????? ?

more see our company website:
http://www.w3sea.cn

Here is a link that might be useful: pressure switch(?)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here