Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Want to conver sprinkler head to drip - questions!

Posted by sheisaeval Dallas, Texas (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 13:31

There's lots of information about how to convert a sprinker head to drip.

We bought a manifold (something like this but not the exact one http://www.amazon.com/Orbit-Adjustable-8-Port-Irrigation-Manifold/dp/B00004S26U), but I'm not sure if I also need something else?

I'm planning to remove the current sprinkler head and replace with this, would that work, or would I need something else? We also got a riser but it's pretty much a tube.

Also, we're bought a coil of 1/4 inch microtubing and we're planning to connect that to the manifold and then poke holes where the plants need the water. Do we also need emitters or just poked holes in the tubing should work by itself?

So pretty much I'm asking if we need anything else other than the manifold, the microtubing, and something to poke the holes. We are also planning to cap off the other heads, what do we need for that?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Want to conver sprinkler head to drip - questions!

se,

I believe the manifold has a female thread bottom that screws on a male ended pipe thread. The riser should have a male threaded end. That is all you need to screw on the manifold. If you remove the sprinkler head see what type of connection it has to mate to. Is it a female or male threaded end. You may need to screw in a male threaded nipple (riser) into the head body and then screw on the manifold. Make sense? JMHO Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here