Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Irrigation

Posted by thkey19 none (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 13:36

I am trying to find a spaghetti type irrigation that I saw at a wholesale nursery in Florida last week. The main line was about 1" and appeared to be rubber, like a garden hose, as opposed to the vinyl irrigation line. The emitter lines, approx 1/4", were also a rubber line which were very flexible and would not kink like the poly vinyl tubing that is available in most irrigation supply places and garden centers. The real beauty of this system was the emitters. They were sticks about 5-6" long and one end was a solid plug and was inserted into the end of the emitter line to stop the flow when that line was not being used. The other end was similar but had grooves cut long ways in plug and allowed for water seep out. The more grooves, the higher the flow rate. Has anyone seen such a system and can anyone tell me where to purchase this?? It may be commercial stuff, but one would think it would be reasonable to purchase and due to the simplicity, it would be very cost effective. Thanks in advance for your replies!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Irrigation

Any local irrigation store should carry this like John Deere Landscapes, Horizon Irrigation Supply...etc. They are commercial product but the pricing is reasonable.

o

The closest thing I have seen is a dripper stake. But it has a built in emitter and the one I am seeking is just a plug on one end and the same plug on the other end but with a v groove lengthwise down that plug so that water can drip thru it. I looked at JD Landscapes, Horizon, and many others with no luck...

o

Here is what I think you might be looking for and are often used in nurseries. They attach with 1/8" tubing and have a groove in them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pot Spitters

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here