Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lawn Genie valve will not fully close / turn off

Posted by harkerr (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 13:38

My Lawn Genie "bottle top" valve would not fully turn off. I tried a new diaphragm with no change. The root cause was the small brass bushing had separated from the center of the old diaphragm and remained on the vertical steel tube in the valve body. This prevented the new diaphragm from properly seating and the valve would not fully close. I removed the small bushing and put the valve back together with the new diaphragm and it WORKS... THE LITTLE BRASS BUSHING THAT REMAINS BEHIND ON THE TUBE IS HARD TO SEE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR. I almost cut out the valve!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lawn Genie valve will not fully close / turn off

hark,

Thanks for the info. Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here