Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dudsiam

Diffusing the Hose's Stream

dudsiam
11 years ago

I have a raised garden which is 3 1/2' by 25'. My only water source is from a well with a 1HP submerged pump. The pump on the well is also the source for my underground sprinkling system for my lawn. My problem the erosion this strong stream is causing to my raised garden. I have tried the light-weight aluminum diffuser's but my pressure is so great that it just rips the diffuser apart. Years ago, I had a plastic diffuser that I think would have withstood the pressure, but I cannot find it.

I have googled "hose-end diffuser", hose soaker, and other similar names with no success. Surely, I am not the only person that waters with strong pump in a well. How can I prevent erosion from the force of the water?

I am afraid if I turn down the pressure at the faucet, I will do damage to the pump. What are my options? I could diffuse the water stream with my thumb, but I am trying to water without spraying directly on the plants.

I hope I have explained my situation clearly enough for someone to give me some ideas.

Thanks,

Larry

Comments (3)

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA